Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A moist sqare with a caramel and chocolate flavor. This is from Company's Company Squares Cookbook. My family enjoys these and so do I. Hope you do too.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- In medium-size bowl,cream butter with brown sugar.
- Add white sugar and cream again.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Measure in flour, soda and salt.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add chips and nuts stirring to combine.
- Scrape into 9X9 inch pan.
- Bake in 350*F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until set and a nice brown color.
- When cool cut into squares.
I used a round, glass pie plate to bake these as I knew it wouldn't fit in a 9X13" pan. I found the center didn't fully cook, so next time I'll add a little more flour, less choc chips and bake a little longer to be sure. But definitely yummy.
I love these squares! I couldn't find my Company's Coming cookbook - thank you for posting! :)
This was a huge hit at the bridal shower I took it to. None of it was left, and every bit of it was delicious.