Recipe by Galley Wench
I've been making this cake for years. It's a wonderfully moist pound cake, with chocolate chips . . . definitely not a low cal recipe! This recipe freezes extremely well.
Top Review by PuenteTriana
I would give you more stars if I could. It was my nieces birthday and I decided to try your recipe. I used 1 3/4 cup of plain unflavored yogurt and 1/4 of cream instead of the sour cream, as I was out of sour cream. It turned out great, delicious flavor and look. I thought it was going to be too big, so I made 2 different size hearts and 6 cupcakes with one recipe.
Thanks Galley. Im also posting the picture.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 5 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (best you can find)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and sour cream to mixture.
- Stir in vanilla, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into well greased 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes or until done.
- Cool before removing from pan.