Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I've been making this cake for years. It's a wonderfully moist pound cake, with chocolate chips . . . definitely not a low cal recipe! This recipe freezes extremely well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and sour cream to mixture.
- Stir in vanilla, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into well greased 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes or until done.
- Cool before removing from pan.
I would give you more stars if I could. It was my nieces birthday and I decided to try your recipe. I used 1 3/4 cup of plain unflavored yogurt and 1/4 of cream instead of the sour cream, as I was out of sour cream. It turned out great, delicious flavor and look. I thought it was going to be too big, so I made 2 different size hearts and 6 cupcakes with one recipe.
Thanks Galley. Im also posting the picture.
Buttery, chocolately, moist, dense, and *DELICIOUS* Thanks so much for sharing a family favorite Diana. I brought it to work, set it by the coffee pot, and it was gone in minutes! I think I heard a few "YUMS"...... down the hall :) I used caramel swirl chips and finely chopped pecans. I snagged 1 piece to keep home for a photo and DS was hovering with a fork. Nick's Mom
This is the BEST cake ever! Thanks for posting it mom! Great memories!