Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cake goes together really quickly and stays pretty fluffy, even with the chocolate chips in it, and it is really moist. It makes 2 layers or 1 9 1/2x 13 cake. I made this for my sister's birthday and iced it with a peppermint icing.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch cake pans or 9 1/2x 13 inch cake pan.
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add shortening, milk and vanilla.
- Beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping sides and bottom of bowl constantly.
- Add egg whites and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into cake pan/pans.
- Bake for 35-40 mintes for the layers or 40-45 for oblong pan.
- Cool and ice as you wish.
this is cute. i really liked it. now i have to find or make a snowflake shaped baking pan to make it perfect. keep up the good work.