Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This cake goes together really quickly and stays pretty fluffy, even with the chocolate chips in it, and it is really moist. It makes 2 layers or 1 9 1/2x 13 cake. I made this for my sister's birthday and iced it with a peppermint icing.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch cake pans or 9 1/2x 13 inch cake pan.
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add shortening, milk and vanilla.
- Beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping sides and bottom of bowl constantly.
- Add egg whites and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into cake pan/pans.
- Bake for 35-40 mintes for the layers or 40-45 for oblong pan.
- Cool and ice as you wish.
this is cute. i really liked it. now i have to find or make a snowflake shaped baking pan to make it perfect. keep up the good work.