Recipe by Schnookie Wookums
This cake goes together really quickly and stays pretty fluffy, even with the chocolate chips in it, and it is really moist. It makes 2 layers or 1 9 1/2x 13 cake. I made this for my sister's birthday and iced it with a peppermint icing.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or whatever flavoring you'd like)
- 4 egg whites (unbeaten)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (I use milk chocolate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch cake pans or 9 1/2x 13 inch cake pan.
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add shortening, milk and vanilla.
- Beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping sides and bottom of bowl constantly.
- Add egg whites and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into cake pan/pans.
- Bake for 35-40 mintes for the layers or 40-45 for oblong pan.
- Cool and ice as you wish.