Recipe by weekend cooker
A delicious snack cake. You can use applesauce instead of vegetable oil to reduce the fat and almost have the same texture.
Top Review by 2Bleu
This is a great 'one bowl whip it up and eat' cake. We used chocolate pudding and applesauce. This cake is very light and airy yet still creamy from the pudding mix. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 517.37 g yellow cake mix
- 99.22 g package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil or 118.29 ml applesauce
- 340.19 g packageminature chocolate chips
- 113.39 g package German sweet chocolate, grated, divided
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, eggs, water, and vegetable oil or applesauce.
- Beat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and half of the grated chocolate.
- Pour into a greased 9x13x2 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate while serving warm.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar.