Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious snack cake. You can use applesauce instead of vegetable oil to reduce the fat and almost have the same texture.
- 517.37 g yellow cake mix
- 99.22 g package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil or 118.29 ml applesauce
- 340.19 g packageminature chocolate chips
- 113.39 g package German sweet chocolate, grated, divided
- confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, eggs, water, and vegetable oil or applesauce.
- Beat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and half of the grated chocolate.
- Pour into a greased 9x13x2 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate while serving warm.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar.
This is a great 'one bowl whip it up and eat' cake. We used chocolate pudding and applesauce. This cake is very light and airy yet still creamy from the pudding mix. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Perfect for that sweet tooth in all of us. I made this using instant chocolate pudding instead of vanilla. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag
fantastic is right! I used half oil and applesauce, I ran out of hard chocolate so I chopped up some semi-sweet chocolate chips and used the new Oreo cookie vanilla pudding mix, thanks for sharing weekendC!