- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Skor candy bars, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at atime and mix well after each.
- Add the Vanilla and mix well.
- Measure one cup of oatmeal into a blender or food processor, and then blend to a fine powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, powdered oatmeal,salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir dry ingredients into creamed butter and sugar.
- Add chocolate chips, crushed chocolate bars.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes depending on your oven.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Toffee bits are a good substitute for the Skor bars.
- After the dough is made put in refrigerator for 1 hour;it is much easier to scoop and make the cookies.