Prep 45 mins
Cook 7 mins
Crispy crunchy chocolate chip cookie!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Skor candy bars, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at atime and mix well after each.
- Add the Vanilla and mix well.
- Measure one cup of oatmeal into a blender or food processor, and then blend to a fine powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, powdered oatmeal,salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir dry ingredients into creamed butter and sugar.
- Add chocolate chips, crushed chocolate bars.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes depending on your oven.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Toffee bits are a good substitute for the Skor bars.
- After the dough is made put in refrigerator for 1 hour;it is much easier to scoop and make the cookies.
This was wonderful. I actually used left over halloween candy. This is what I did. I divided the batter. I put M&M's in one half and crumbled candy bars in the other. mmm mmm good!
These are some of the very best cookies I've found here on Recipezaar!! I did not have Skor bars and so used 3/4 cup (half of an 8-ounce package) of Heath Toffee Bits which I prefroze until the very last minute so that they'd not melt away during baking. The cookies turned out terrific and my entire family thanks you for sharing this recipe! NOTE: 3 Skor bars = 4.2 ounces = Just over half the 8-ounce package of Heath Toffee Bits = 3/4 cup toffee bits.
These are great cookies. Mine did not flatten out like the ones in the pictures so I rolled them into balls and flattened the balls and then they looked better. My dough was quite stiff. I used 17 mini skor candy pieces in place of the skor bars and crushed them with a hammer. I used 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1 cup semi-sweet. Everyone really likes them. I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of the oatmeal in them though.