Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe from WD 1995 cookie booklet that I hope to try this holiday season. I'm going through my huge stack of saved recipes. As you can tell from the date, I've been very slow at doing this!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer until blended.
- On low speed, beat in flour until blended.
- Stir 1/2 cup mini chips into the batter.
- Cover; chill until firm.
- Shape heaping tablespoons into 3" long, 1/2" thick logs.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup mini chips; then stir oil into chocolate.
- Dip 3/4" of one end of each cookie into chocolate and place on a rack to dry.