Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy, buttery cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla thoroughly using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and corn starch. Add chocolate chips.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Pour sugar on a small plate and dip bottom of a drinking glass in sugar and gently press down each cookie to flatten.
- Bake in a preheated 300 F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For European style shortbread: knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth (about 2 minutes). Pat into a 1/3 inch thick rectangle. Then cut into 2x1 inch strips. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork. Bake as above.