Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but want to save the recipe. Love shortbread and this one looks good.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla thoroughly using electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and cornstarch. Add chips.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Pour sugar on a small plate; dip bottom of drinking glass into sugar and press down on each cookie to flatten. Press center of each cookie with tip of a teaspoon.
- Bake in preheated 300 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or till bottoms begin to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.