1/2 Photos of Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Shortbread is a comfort food to me, because it was one of the cookies my mom made the most. This recipe adds another comfort food...chocolate! These are incredibly delicious and rich and make a lovely presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in vanilla and add flour and salt.
- 4Stir in chips.
- 5Divide dough in half.
- 6Press each half into an ungreased 8 inch round pan.
- 7Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- 8Score each shortbread with sharp knife into 8 even wedges, but do not cut all the way through.
- 9Leave in pans and cool on racks for 10 minutes.
- 10Invert onto racks and cool completely.
- 11Break into wedges.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 87.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g