Recipe by Carole Reu
Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Top Review by Pilialo
Sorry, these cookies just did not suit my fancy. It lacked flavor--and I used the finest ingredients, including Land O' Lakes unsalted butter, King Arthur All-Purpose Flour, and Pure Vanilla extract. The texture was exactly what you would expect from a shortbread cookie, but it lacked something--maybe a little more vanilla would have done it justice.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until blended.
- On low speed, beat in flour.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill until firm, but not too firm.
- Shape heaping tablespoonfuls into 3" long x 1/2" thick logs.
- Place cookies on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 350 degree Fahreneheit oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and oil.
- Dip 3/4" of one end of each cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Place cookies on a wire rack to set.