Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make these every year on my Xmas baking trays, you can either roll them in balls and then in icing sugar or form them into logs and the dip half the cookie in melted chocolate.
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- icing sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl beat 1/2 cup icing sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and chocolate chips, mix until dough forms.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Remove immediately, cool slightly and roll icing sugar. Cool completely and re roll in more icing sugar.
I found this recipe Quick easy and most ingredients most of us have spare in the kitchen cupboards. Im Scottish and found it very tasty I also added ground hazelnuts and coconut which I toasted 1st highly recommend anyone to have a bash at making these xxxx