Recipe by GinaCucina
I have had this recipe for soooo long. It is my favorite non biscuit type scone. It is dry and not too sweet. Goes perfect with tea or coffee.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, chilled and cut up tiny
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 -6 tablespoons half-and-half or 4 -6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten for egg wash
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Combine flour, sugar, powder and salt with a whisk. Cut in cold butter into flour mixture until it resembles fine crumbs. (this part can be done ahead and kept in refrigerator or freezer until ready to make)Stir in 1 beaten egg, chocolate chips and just enough 1/2 and 1/2 or cream until it barely comes together. Transfer on board and knead in gently loose pieces. Pat out into 1/2 in thick circle and cut equally into 12 triangles. Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet/silpat or parchment. Brush with egg wash and bake for 10-12 minutes. Place on cooling rack to cool.