Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Comfort Food for the mornings!!
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Grease baking sheet.
- In large bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl, combine milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients along with chocolate chips and mix with fork until mixture clings together and forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead gently 5-6 times.
- With lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 7" round.
- Cut into 4 wedges.
- Place scones, 1" apart, on greased baking sheet.
- Pierce tops with tines of fork.
- Bake scones 18-20 min.
- or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 4 scones.
Simple, simple, simple, and so tasty. Loved the chocolate chips with the biscuit like fluffy texture of the scone. Perfect with coffee. Thanks mama sweetie!!
GREAT Scones for the Diva's tea party!!! These were very easy to make. I did find the dough way to wet to knead but that was solved by kneading in about 1/3 to 1/2 cup flour. I got 6 large scones and I think next time I will make them into 12 wedges. Thanks mama for another outstanding recipe!
I love the chocolate chip scones available at Starbucks, and I thought I'd try these - they are very, VERY similar. I used butter in place of the shortening and got great crumb and texture. I will have to make these again soon as my kids devoured them, and I much prefer them as a snack as they contain A LOT less sugar than, say, a cookie or cake for the kids to snack on.