1/6 Photos of Chocolate Chip Scones
Sweeter and moister than typical English scones. If you want to make them smaller, you can cut the dough into two inch squares instead of three inch, before cutting into triangles. I sometimes like to use a mixture of two parts white to one part wheat flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles pea-size pieces.
- 4Gently stir sour cream and milk into flour mixture until blended, then fold in mini chips.
- 5Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Shape it into a 12" X 18" rectangle, patting with your hands to flatten it evenly. It should be approximately 3/4" thick.
- 6Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into 3 inch squares. Cut each square diagonally into triangles. (This is easiest to accomplish by making the cuts into the rectangle of dough, but leaving the pieces in place.) Sprinkle dough with sparkling sugar.
- 7Separate dough, placing each triangle on parchment or silpat lined baking sheets, two inches apart.
- 8Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Scones
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.3
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 277.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g