Recipe by Lalaloula
These are very nice and easy scones, which can be made quickly for a scrumptious breakfast or for tea. I just love their simplicity! =)
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
These scones were full of flavor! I normally make buttermilk ones, so these were great as I didn't have to buy buttermilk. My DD took the dough and cut it into the traditional triangles. I added mini cinnamon chips and semi sweet chocolate chips and topped them with sugar crystals. Made for Potluck tag.
- 225 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 60 g butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 50 g chopped chocolate (whichever type you like-I preferr milk or dark chocolate) or 50 g chocolate chips (whichever type you like-I preferr milk or dark chocolate)
- 150 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the butter in small pieces. Knead into a crumbly dough using your hands.
- Add sugar and chocolate.
- Add the milk and stirr well. Dough should be of a creamy consistency now.
- On a floured surface roll out dough into a rectangle. Cut into small squares (aprox. 6).
- Place the scones onto a lined baking sheet and brush them with a bit of milk.
- Bake for ca. 10 minutes or until golden brown on top.