Suzanne in Beaver Falls, PA's Note:
A delicious way to get some good wholesome food into kids without adding the sugar! If you like your scones warm, these can be made ahead and warmed for a few seconds in the microwave before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3Add oats, pecans and chocolate chips.
- 4Cut COLD butter into mixture until dough looks crumbly.
- 5In a separate bowl, mix honey, milk and egg.
- 6Add wet ingredients to dry all at once and stir until dough starts to hold together.
- 7Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead gently - about 10 times.
- 8Pat dough into 8-inch circle.
- 9Cut into 8 wedges.
- 10Put wedges onto cookie sheet (sprayed with non-stick spray)about 1 inch apart.
- 11Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Scones
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.4
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 378.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g