Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A delicious way to get some good wholesome food into kids without adding the sugar! If you like your scones warm, these can be made ahead and warmed for a few seconds in the microwave before serving.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add oats, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Cut COLD butter into mixture until dough looks crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, mix honey, milk and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry all at once and stir until dough starts to hold together.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead gently - about 10 times.
- Pat dough into 8-inch circle.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Put wedges onto cookie sheet (sprayed with non-stick spray)about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.