Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Peanut butter and chocolate sandwich cookies.
- 1 (10 ounce) package Nestle milk chocolate and peanut butter swirled morsels
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Heat oven to 350. Reserve 1/2 cup baking chips for drizzle; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar and 1/4 cup peanut butter in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Beat until well mixed. Stir in remaining baking chips.
- Place sugar into small bowl. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl. Spread 1 teaspoon filling onto bottom-side of one cookie. Top with another cookie, bottom-side down. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Combine reserved baking chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir until melted. Drizzle over top of sandwich cookies.