1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chip Rum Raisin Scones
This wonderful combination of chocolate, raisins, and rum, makes these scones not only delicious, but also so attractive to look at. Makes 8 jumbo scones or 12 average size scones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter (at room temperature cut into pieces)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 3With an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat butter until creamy.
- 4Add sugar and beat 3 to 5 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- 5Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Scrape down sides of bowl and reduce speed to low.
- 7Add flour mixture-mix only until blended. Scrape down sides of bowl again.
- 8Add buttermilk or cream (or yogurt, if using) and mix only until blended.
- 9Add vanilla and rum, and stir in chocolate chips.
- 10Fold in raisins.
- 11Using ice cream scoop, scoop 1/3 cupfuls of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- 12Bake 12 minutes at 350°F (180°C) then reduce to 325°F (160°C) and bake 10-13 minutes longer.
- 13Watch them closely, you only want them a pale color.
- 14Note: If desired, you can freeze the scoopfuls of dough until ready to bake.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Rum Raisin Scones
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.7
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 324.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g