Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are so full of raspberry flavor they'll make your mouth pucker. Moist and chewy all at the same time! Pour yourself a tall glass of cold milk and enjoy! From Esther Brody's cookie collection. FOODBIT: I find the best way to melt chocolate is in the microwave by placing it in a bowl, covering with plastic wrap and microwaving on High approximately 1 minute per ounce, stir well.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- MIX in a bowl flour and baking soda.
- BEAT in another bowl butter, sugar and cream cheese until smooth; beat in egg and melted chocolate until well blended; add flour mixture and mix well; fold in raspberry chips.
- DROP by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- BAKE in preheated oven on center rack for about 15 minutes or until tops of cookies spring back when lightly touched; immediately transfer to wire racks to cool.
Boy!!!!!! I couldn`t find the raspberry chips.I called everywhere. Even hersey was of no help. Tillllllll...... my cousins drove in from Chicago and stopped at Hersey on the way to Jersey. When they got here I said I wish I had known they were going because I wanted the chips. And wouldn`t you know it she hands me a bag of raspberry chips. The cookies are OK the raspberry is artificial tasting. But I can see the kids liking them. Reminds me of the kids gummy candy! They did make a nice puffy cookie.
I loved these cookies. I made the mistake of freezing half of them. They do not freeze well!!! I will definately make these again! Delicious!
We really liked these cookies. The raspberry flavor does stand out and tastes great with the chocolate. They were very easy to make. I baked them for only 12 minutes, I like them chewy. I will make these again.