Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've found a way to have the flavor of my favorite muffins in a pancake. My kids love these and I hope you do too!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, powder & salt) in medium mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and pumpkin.
- Cook on medium griddle.
- When pancakes are ready to flip, sprinkle with chips.
- Wipe the griddle before the next batch so that excess chips won’t burn next batch.
These weren't the prettiest pancakes, but DH loved the taste. They were quite dense, but moist and tasty. Thanks!
These were maybe a little too healthy for my family's tastes. I had to add a third of a cup of sugar & some spices. And I thinned them with a bit more milk. I found I needed to make the pancakes fairly small (2-3") so they would cook quickly. But the end product was good.
We just had these for breakfast. Loveley! I made half with choc-chips and half without and served the latter with bacon. My DH liked both, but prefered the batch without choc-chips. Also, I did'nt have whole-wheat flour so I used 1/2 cake flour 1/4 oats and 1/4 digestive bran and they came out great. A really great recipe and definitely one I'll use again. Thanx