This is my own modification of a recipe from bhg.com. I made it vegan, and just a little healthier overall. It's called "double-flavored muffins" on that site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs (egg substitute equal to 2 eggs)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces (6 ounces) or 1 cup carob chips
- 1Grease eighteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line the muffin cups with paper bake cups and set aside.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cloves. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and set aside.
- 3In another medium bowl, combine the eggs/egg sub, pumpkin, and applesauce.
- 4Add the pumpkin mixture all at once to the flour mixture.
- 5Stir until just moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in the chocolate pieces.
- 6Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into centers of the muffins comes out clean.
- 8Don't overbake.
- 9Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
- 10For Vegan do not use egg or egg based subs.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 189.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: