Recipe by Halcyon Eve
From Simple & Delicious. These have a lot of yummy spices; I haven't made this particular recipe, but I love pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and I love spices, so this seems like a winner to me!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375* F. Grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin, or line cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture until just combined (should still be lumpy). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake at 375* F for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan; remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.