From Simple & Delicious. These have a lot of yummy spices; I haven't made this particular recipe, but I love pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and I love spices, so this seems like a winner to me!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375* F. Grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin, or line cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture until just combined (should still be lumpy). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake at 375* F for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan; remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
A really nice pumpkin muffin recipe. I doubled the recipe and used 2 cups of whole wheat and 2 cups of regular flour.
These were delicious! I actually left all of the spices out accept for cinnamon because I was trying to make them taste like choc chip muffins but with all the benefit of the pumpkin. They tasted just like choc chip muffins! I can't wait to make them again with all the spices. Very moist and fluffy for a lite treat!
These are great, low-fat muffins! The spices are just right, the pumpkin flavour is yummy, and there are just enough chocolate chips! My son is enjoying them as lunch box treats. Thank you for posting this, Halcyon Eve!