Recipe by mollyoe
I stole this recipe from that genius woman known as the cake doctor. I (as well as everyone I know who's tasted these) find these cup cakes simply wonderful! And it's very difficult to mess these up- for they're quite simple.
Top Review by czergrl
my mom made this recipe when i was a kid. she substituted a spice cake mix and it made our mouths water every halloween when we came home from trick or treating. i've made it every year for my own children and now for my grand children...many years and many fond memories associated with this recipe!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (minis work best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (remember to lower if you're using a dark pan!). Prepare 3 dozen muffin cups, and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pumpkin, water, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes or until the batter looks thick and well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips!
- Spoon batter into the previously prepared muffin cups so that they are about 3/4 of the way full.
- Pop into the oven and leave there for 17-20 minutes until the cakes are lightly brown and springy when gently pressed.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ten minutes or else as long as you can wait.
- Eat and enjoy!