Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 236.59 ml vanilla wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers)
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 59.14 ml butter (1/2 stick) or 59.14 ml margarine, melted (1/2 stick)
- 3 package cream cheese, softened (8 oz. each)
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 44.37 ml flour
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice, ground
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 354.88 ml mini chocolate chips
- 0 to taste semi-sweet chocolate leaves (optional)
- Heat oven to 350'F.
- In medium bowl, combine crumbs, cocoa and powdered sugar; stir in butter.
- Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 8 minutes; cool slightly.
- increase oven temperature to 400 F.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar; flour and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- Add pumpkin and eggs; beat until well blended.
- Stir in small chocolate chips; pour into prepared Crust. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250 F; continue baking 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack; loosen cake from rim of pan.
- Cool completely; remove rim.
- Refrigerate. Garnish with chocolate leaves, if desired.
- Cover; refrigerate leftovers.
I agree with the angel choir. Lovely recipe, big hit at the party.
I'm not sure how to rate this. Everyone seemed to like it well enough, but no one raved about it, and I, personally, did not care for it. I felt the combination of flavors kind of cancelled eachother out. Of course, I should tell you that I didn't exactly follow the directions. I added the rest of the can of pumpkin (about another 1/3 c.) and doubled the spices after tasting the batter and thinking it was fairly bland. In the end, it was a lovely, moist, dense, even pretty cheesecake...I'm just not sure it was my cup of tea!
I'm pretty sure I heard the Angel Choir sing "ahhhh" when I took the first bite-seriously, AMAZING. Definately will be staying in my recipe drawer-awesome! AND easy to make!