- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick) or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted (1/2 stick)
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened (8 oz. each)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ground
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
- to taste semi-sweet chocolate leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350'F.
- In medium bowl, combine crumbs, cocoa and powdered sugar; stir in butter.
- Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 8 minutes; cool slightly.
- increase oven temperature to 400 F.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar; flour and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- Add pumpkin and eggs; beat until well blended.
- Stir in small chocolate chips; pour into prepared Crust. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250 F; continue baking 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack; loosen cake from rim of pan.
- Cool completely; remove rim.
- Refrigerate. Garnish with chocolate leaves, if desired.
- Cover; refrigerate leftovers.