Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
Found this in Taste of Home magazine, submitted by Laurene Hunsicker of Canton, Pennsylvania. Thank you Laurene! For some reason it will not let me enter 3/4 cups for amount of pecans needed.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped, divided
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter in half. Stir melted to chocolate inot one portion. In a well greased 10" fluted tube pan, sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans. Spoon chocolate batter over pecans; top with pumpkin batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Bake at 325 for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.