Recipe by weekend cooker
A little something we made up, and served over the holidays. Prep time also includes cooling time.
Top Review by twissis
Made for the Sweet December event & to freeze so I could include 1/2 loaf in each of my assorted X-Mas food gifts for DH's family. This 1st loaf is a tad shy because I was not at all shy w/my taste test(s). I hope to do better as more loaves are made, but this is just so good that it will likely keep challenging my willpower. My pan size was different than what was suggested, so the loaf stature was smaller. I was shy about the nuts atop the bread since I am trying to please a multi-generational group. I opted to use the nuts only as part of the batter & chopped them very fine. Thx for sharing this excellent recipe w/us, Doug. I expect to get requests for the recipe & encores for the future. :-)
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml water
- 425.24 g can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 236.59 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 29.58 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 59.16-73.94 ml chopped pecans
- 14.79 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease bottom only of 2 (8x4) inch loaf pans with shortening.
- Lightly flour (or spray botttoms of pans with cooking spray, if you choose this than DO NOT FLOUR.
- In a medium bowl, stir 1st five ingredients until mixed, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 cups sugar, and butter with mixer an medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or till creamy.
- Add eggs , 1 at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in water and pumpkin on low speed.
- Add flour mixture, and beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and spread evenly in pans.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, the pecans, and the 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to cooling rack, and let cool completely for 1 1/2 hours.