A little something we made up, and served over the holidays. Prep time also includes cooling time.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 -5 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease bottom only of 2 (8x4) inch loaf pans with shortening.
- Lightly flour (or spray botttoms of pans with cooking spray, if you choose this than DO NOT FLOUR.
- In a medium bowl, stir 1st five ingredients until mixed, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 cups sugar, and butter with mixer an medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or till creamy.
- Add eggs , 1 at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in water and pumpkin on low speed.
- Add flour mixture, and beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and spread evenly in pans.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, the pecans, and the 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to cooling rack, and let cool completely for 1 1/2 hours.