A little something we made up, and served over the holidays. Prep time also includes cooling time.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 -5 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease bottom only of 2 (8x4) inch loaf pans with shortening.
- Lightly flour (or spray botttoms of pans with cooking spray, if you choose this than DO NOT FLOUR.
- In a medium bowl, stir 1st five ingredients until mixed, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 cups sugar, and butter with mixer an medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or till creamy.
- Add eggs , 1 at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in water and pumpkin on low speed.
- Add flour mixture, and beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and spread evenly in pans.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, the pecans, and the 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to cooling rack, and let cool completely for 1 1/2 hours.
Made for the Sweet December event & to freeze so I could include 1/2 loaf in each of my assorted X-Mas food gifts for DH's family. This 1st loaf is a tad shy because I was not at all shy w/my taste test(s). I hope to do better as more loaves are made, but this is just so good that it will likely keep challenging my willpower. My pan size was different than what was suggested, so the loaf stature was smaller. I was shy about the nuts atop the bread since I am trying to please a multi-generational group. I opted to use the nuts only as part of the batter & chopped them very fine. Thx for sharing this excellent recipe w/us, Doug. I expect to get requests for the recipe & encores for the future. :-)
Mmmmmm, I made a half amount of the recipe and made 4 large muffins with it. Perfect for me over the naxt few days (DH won't eat pumpkin either). I "sampled" one about 20 mins out of the oven with a mug of hot cocoa. Oh my goodness, winter bliss. Great muffins, moist and fluffy with a lot of flavor. Used Splenda for the sugar. Made for Sweet December event.
Oh my, soooo good!!! Can't believe I am only the 2nd reviewer for this wonderful bread. I only made 1/2 of the recipe, one loaf, as I had a partial can of pumpkin leftover from another recipe and was very liberal with the mini chips and pecans on top. I just loved that the the pecans get toasted on the top while the bread cooks. Plan to do this in the future for my breads that contain nuts! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.