Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Based on a Mollie Katzen recipe... but due to blood sugar issues I am trying to lower my carb count so this is pure experimentation. I am going to cook it later this week and see if it works or not! This was originally made with white flour instead of walnut, so use that if you want to be sure it turns out! (I usually do half white and half wheat and it turns out fine.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 (325 for a glass pan). Lightly grease a regular sized loaf pan.
- Place all the dry ingredients together and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (I add the butter to the pumpkin first, and add the eggs after, so the eggs don't cook).
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into pan, shaping it so that it is mounded in the center. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Cool before eating! (I rarely let it cool. It tastes too good hot!).