1 hr 10 mins
Abi Fae's Note:
Based on a Mollie Katzen recipe... but due to blood sugar issues I am trying to lower my carb count so this is pure experimentation. I am going to cook it later this week and see if it works or not! This was originally made with white flour instead of walnut, so use that if you want to be sure it turns out! (I usually do half white and half wheat and it turns out fine.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 (325 for a glass pan). Lightly grease a regular sized loaf pan.
- 2Place all the dry ingredients together and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (I add the butter to the pumpkin first, and add the eggs after, so the eggs don't cook).
- 4Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- 5Pour into pan, shaping it so that it is mounded in the center. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- 6Cool before eating! (I rarely let it cool. It tastes too good hot!).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.8 mg
- Sodium 266.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
powdered soy protein concentrate