Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe originally came from a college football coaches wife. It is incredible and requires no frosting!
- Mix cake mix, pudding and sugar all together.
- Add oil and water and beat with wooden spoon (very important to use the wooden spoon) adding one egg at a time with wooden spoon, folding into batter.
- Add sour cream and chocolate chips.
- Prepare a greased and floured bundt tube.
- Pour into batter into Bundt Pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool one hour before removing from pan.
New favorite! So moist and right amount of chocolate. Think the recipe does incorrectly list the pudding box - I used the smaller one.
This is a fabulously rich cake! I loved it! I put a frosting on it but it would be fine without it. Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2012.
A friend made this exact cake for our church's Valentine's Couple's Dinner, which was a very classy affair, and they served it with a dusting of powdered sugar and raspberries. It is one of the most delicious cakes I have ever tasted! She used slightly less chocolate chips, but otherwise the recipe is identical. I can't wait to use this tomorrow for a birthday party- thanks for posting!