Recipe by Zewbiedoo
I almost didn't post this because there are a couple already posted that are similar, but not exactly the same as this one, but this is so easy and delicious I decided to go ahead and post "my" version.
Top Review by henway00
I picked this recipe to try, because it reminded me of one my mom used to make, and it was as DELICIOUS and SIMPLE as I hoped! Thanks! I couldn't find my sifter, so I forked through the mixes A LOT until the yellow cake and choc. pudding combined into a finely crumbed, uniform tan color. I baked two loaf pans that came out moist and fluffy with terrific flavor. An awesome, easy choice for last minute events or anytime. KEEPER!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxmoist yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (NOT Devil's Food)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together cake mix and chocolate pudding mix.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add all the other ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Beat well then stir in chocolate chips with spatula.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan and bake 55 minutes or 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- Cool on wire rack in pan 10 minutes till cake draws away slightly from sides of pan, then invert onto plate to finish cooling.
- Hint: you can use reduced fat sour cream, but substituting yogurt loses some of the richness.
- Tastes great with cherry chocolate chip ice cream!