Recipe by Kim D.
I've been making this cake for years, and I always have requests for it when I take it to parties and potlucks. The cake is very moist... you have to try it!
Top Review by Junebug
This was a very moist pound cake. I think it tastes twice as good the second day! I didn't try it, but I think that with the chocolate chips in it that it would be great with ice cream. I might try milk chocolate chips next time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine the butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add the sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (This is an important step because the eggs add the leavening to the cake).
- Add the flour, alternately with the milk, starting and ending with flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a prepared pan and bake for about 1½ hours, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean, when inserted near the center of the cake.
- Remove from pan immediately and turn upright onto a serving plate.
- Allow cake to cool before slicing.