Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Oh my goodness! This is so rich and moist and best of all--easy! I got this recipe from a friend who made it 20 years ago, so I had to try it. Works well freezing for later use.
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 5 3⁄4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Beat 4 minutes.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake in a greased and floured tube pan at 300 degrees for 55 minutes.
This was a good cake but I have to think you have the tempeture and cooking times wrong. At 300 for 55 minutes this cake isn't just moist, its liquid. I baked at 325 for an additional 40 minutes.