Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
There are several versions of this pie posted on Recipezaar, but I know this one to be fail-safe! Served warm with vanilla ice cream, this pie is a winner!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pie shell, unbaked, 9 inch size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs to butter mixture, and beat well.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. When done, the top will be a deep golden color while center may still be soft.