1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Whipped Cream
Sassy in da South's Note:
A traditional Kentucky Derby dessert for your Derby Day parties or just anytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon (optional) or 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
Bourbon Whipped Cream
- 1Spread chopped nuts over the bottom of the prepared (unbaked) pie shell; sprinkle with chocolate morsels.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
- 3Whisk in sugars, butter, flour, salt, vanilla, and bourbon (if desired).
- 4Pour batter evenly over nuts and chocolate chips.
- 5Bake in a 325° oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 6To prepare whipped topping, for best results, chill bowl and beaters.
- 7Beat cream until thickened; add sugar and flavoring, then beat until soft peaks form.
- 8Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 920.8
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 319.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 60.8 g
- Protein 8.4 g