1/2 Photos of Chocolate Chip Pie (The Deen Brothers)
Decadent and creamy, this pie is definitely not for the weight-conscious. Make one to sweeten up your in-laws and take the other to work for your skinny co-workers! Taken from The Deen Bros. Cookbook, and if you know Paula, everything she approves is totally delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 650.62 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- 6.16 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 354.88 ml packed light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 473.18 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; grease two 9-inch pie plates; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- 4Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.
- 5Beat in the vanilla.
- 6Add flour mixture, a little at a time, and mix until fully combined.
- 7Fold in the 3 cups chocolate chips and, if desired, the walnuts.
- 8Divide the dough between the prepared pie plates and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- 9Bake about 30 minutes or until pies are golden and slightly firm to the touch but still soft. If the pies begin to darken too much before they are baked through, cover with foil and continue baking.
- 10Let pies cool completely on a wire rack.
- 11While the pies cool, whip the cream until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- 12Add the confectioners' sugar and whip until just combined.
- 13Fold in the chocolate chips.
- 14Refrigerate whipped cream until ready to use.
- 15Spread the whipped cream over the pies and serve.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Pie (The Deen Brothers)
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 917.4
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 37.1 g
- Cholesterol 195.8 mg
- Sodium 515.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 64.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g