Recipe by Loves2Teach
As the holidays approach, I am looking for more mixes to make as gifts. I am including the recipe, and some suggested uses. Enjoy!
Top Review by Chef Carol Kay
The only reason I am giving this only 4 stars is because I didn't make it as written. I had to sub the pecans with mixed nuts (walnuts, cashews and p-nuts), and I had only 1/4cup of sweetened coconut flakes, so I added another 1/4 of the all natural unsweetened stuff. This was wonderfully , rich and delicious. I would recommend a good cup of coffee or a nice cold glass of milk. It would be pretty if garnished with a dollop of whipped cream with a few chocolate shavings,,, but totally over the top if you did, it is this good. Hubby and I had this after we had a "light supper of veggie sandwiches, which I am glad we did, otherwise I may not have fit in my jeans. Thank you Loves2teach!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dry mix:.
- Place sugar and flour in small bowl and blend with a wisk. Place this mixture into a small heavyweight plastic baggie. Label it "Dry Ingredients".
- Place remaining ingredients in another bag. Label it "Chocolate Packet".
- Attach bags together and give with instructions for "Making Chocolate Chip Pie".
- Making Chocolate Chip Pie Instructions:.
- Add "Dry Ingredients" from pie mix to a large bowl. Add melted butter and eggs.
- Mix until moistened.
- Gently stir in "Chocolate Packet" from pie mix.
- Place mixture in pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.