Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very easy pie to prepare from New York's McCarthy's Restaurant and Bon Appetit. I have not made this yet myself, but looked to good to pass up.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted,cooled
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 6 oz.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 9 inch frozen deep dish pie shell, thawed
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk eggs, both sugars, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour and salt; whisk to blend.
- Whisk in butter In three additions.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Transfer filling to pie crust.
- Bake pie until filling is puffed and golden brown, about 50 minutes.
- Cool on rack 20 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
I made this late last night and this morning it's all gone! My family loved it; I did too. ;-) I'm not into store bought crusts, so I made a "Cookie Nut Crust" (I've just posted to the database and will update this review when it becomes available). It went beautifully with the filling in this recipe! Thanks for sharing Bev!!!
Very sweet, rich and chocolatey - just what a chocolate chip pie should be! This is delicious. I did make my own pie crust because I'm not really into pre-made crusts. My family devoured this pie. Thanks for sharing!
I followed this recipe to the letter and found that the pie is very, very sweet and rich. It is good, but it is hard to eat much more than a sliver. I served it for dessert at Thanksgiving and everyone said it was good. This would be a great dessert to take somewhere because it would travel very well. Thanks for sharing.