Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Often requested for pot-lucks and family special occasions.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Beat in sugars, flour, butter, oil, and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until tests done.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Ohh and Ahh's were heard all around. This is so rich and delicious and of course there is the chocolate. Served warm with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream. Just doesn't get any better than this. Easy to make and used ready made pie crust. Thanks Nurse Di for an incredibly delicious dessert.
A piece of heaven in one bite. This was so sinfully delicious. I made this for a family birthday dinner. Some wanted it ala mode, others just preferred it plain. Either way, it was oohed and ahhed over and devoured. Thanks Nurse Di.
Man was this good! I followed the recipe, but mixed in some toffee chips as well. It was great. I will probably reduce the chocolate to one cup and increase the pecans to 1 and 1/2 next time (hubby's request). It was a hit with all. Oh yeah, I did drizzle some caramel over the top when the pie was hot. Delicious!