Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to make and delicious. A chocolate lovers delight.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Beat in the sugars, flour, butter, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Chill. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tastes better chilled overnight to set flavor.