Recipe by Charlotte J
Now, my daughter would want me to fix this for her everyday. That is, if it were not for the Prom Dance she was asked to, on April 30. So she will have to wait until the next day.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel (6-ounce)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 frozen unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry, thawed (4-cup volume)
- sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Gradually add flour and sugars, beating until blended.
- Beat in butter.
- Stir in morsels and pecans.
- Spoon into piecrust.
- Bake at 325° for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between outside edge and center comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Serve warm pie with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.