Recipe by Caryn
I haven't yet tried this chocolate chip cookie recipe though I have had great success with every cookie recipe I've tried in my Mrs. Field's Cookie Book. Posted at the request of a zaar member.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (4 ounces)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix well with wire whisk.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl blend brown and white sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, pecans, and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed until just combined.
- DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool flat surface.