Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I kicked up the recipe for Pecan Pie Muffins this morning and came up with this. They are really rich with the addition of the chocolate chips.
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, flour and chocolate chips.
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Stir together eggs and butter.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until moistened.
- Spoon batter into cups, makes 4 large muffins, or 6 smaller muffins.
- Mix topping ingredients together.
- Sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately.
- Serve warm.
The flavor was good but the muffins wouldn't keep their shape. They fell apart and didn't look very good. Flavor good but not realistic as an actual "muffin".