Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked 8-inch pie shell
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup regular margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
- Melt the butter or regular margarine and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the bottom of an 8-inch unbaked pie shell.
- Freeze at least 1 hour.
- Combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat until well blended, using an electric mixer set to medium speed.
- Stir in the pecans and pour over the chocolate chips in the pie shell.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.