Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from Bon Appetite. It will remind you of a Derby Pie, but the company that makes the famous pie claims that their pie does not have corn syrup in it.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup whole pecans
- Place large baking sheet on oven rack and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla extract and salt in large bowl to blend.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Stir in shredded coconut, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour filling into a frozen pie crust. Place pie on baking sheet in oven.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and the filling is set in center, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
Tried this recipe for my couples bridge group....and it was a big hit. Like a pecan pie but I loved the addition of the chocolate chips and coconut. It also used less butter and sugar than some of the other recipes I looked at. I followed directions exactly and it turned out great. Cut thin pieces because it is still rich. Thanks for posting it!