Recipe by Scrivener1
This recipe is from Bon Appetite. It will remind you of a Derby Pie, but the company that makes the famous pie claims that their pie does not have corn syrup in it.
Top Review by Jan 'nVegas
Tried this recipe for my couples bridge group....and it was a big hit. Like a pecan pie but I loved the addition of the chocolate chips and coconut. It also used less butter and sugar than some of the other recipes I looked at. I followed directions exactly and it turned out great. Cut thin pieces because it is still rich. Thanks for posting it!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup whole pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Place large baking sheet on oven rack and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla extract and salt in large bowl to blend.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Stir in shredded coconut, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour filling into a frozen pie crust. Place pie on baking sheet in oven.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and the filling is set in center, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool slightly.
- Serve warm.