Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom always made these cookies for special occasions. They look like any other cookie, but they are beyond delicious. Any kind of chocolate chip can be used - I love milk chocolate, but my DH is more partial to white chocolate.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml ground pecans
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml vegetable shortening
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix together flour, ground pecans, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and shortening. Blend in both sugars. Beat in the eggs. Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly. Add the chocolate chips and pecans.
- If cookie dough is a little sticky, refrigerate for a few hours. Use a spoon to drop onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and 10 minutes only. Remove from oven & let cool on the baking sheet for a further 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Do not overcook! 10 minutes is all that is needed!