Recipe by Eat! Eat! You're skin and bones!
These are my husband's favourite cookies (and mine!). The cookie batter is just the right sweetness, balanced by the chocolate chips. What I like about these cookies are they are so quick to make and I always have these ingredients on hand. I make these at least twice a month!
Top Review by Theresa M.
i made these cookies one night just to try a new recipe. I knew i had chocolate chips and pecans, so i searched for something new that i could use those in. I stumbled on this recipe, and although it was not yet rated, i thought i would give it a try.
these cookies came out awesome! i used Kashi oatmeal packets for the "quick cooking oat" since i didn't have any on hand, and i added a few more chocolate chips and pecans then the recipe called for, i figured it couldn't hurt! :)
the cookies came out looking lumpy and almost not any different from the dough, but they tasted AMAZING!
im making these again for a potluck dinner im attending. another one of my favorite recipes! :)
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (minus about 2-3 tablespoons or so)
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed brown sugar (you can use a little less even)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, oats and baking soda. Mix until blended.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake approximately 7-8 minutes (depends on your oven; you want these cookies to be tender coming out, but they should look like they are done baking).
- Transfer onto a wire rack after cooling for a few minutes.